PFIC LTD applies an Environmental Management System taking into account all the necessary legal requirements and information about the significant environmental aspects, in order to promote environmental protection, pollution prevention and continuous development of processes which are more friendly to the environment, while meeting the socio-economic needs of the nearby area.
Based on the respect for the environment, PFIC LTD develops its business activity by respecting the principles of sustainability, by promoting environmental awareness and by using economically viable and environmentally Best Available Techniques that are applicable to the sector of chemicals and fertilizers.
For this purpose, the Management of PFIC LTD, is committed to implement the requirements and maintain the Environmental Policy within the defined scope of the environmental management system of the EN ISO Standard 14001/2015 and to continuously improve its environmental performance, based on effective planning and control of all its activities as follows:
- monitoring and compliance with applicable legal and other requirements that are related to its environmental aspects.
- continuous training, education and motivation of all the staff in order to be involved in environmental protection activities.
- systematic identification, assessment and control of all the environmental aspects and impacts of its activities, products and services.
- minimization and safe disposal of waste, the promotion of recycling and saving raw materials and natural resources.
- minimization of potential environmental accidents and immediate taking of corrective and preventive measures to deal with them.
The Management of PFIC LTD aims at continuing dialogue on environmental issues with all the partners, the government or non-government organizations, the academic institutions, the local authorities and the society as a whole and encourages the participation of all employees in the implementation of an effective Environmental Management System.